THE MIRACULOUS CACTUS...or Tequila Sunrise?
Now for the Tilma's miraculous spiritual properties:
According to Dan Lynch, National Guardian of the Missionary Image of Our Lady of Guadalupe,' the Image of Our Lady is actually an Aztec Pictograph which was read and understood quickly by the Aztec Indians. *
- THE LADY STOOD IN FRONT OF THE SUN — She was greater than their dreaded sun-god "Huitzilopochtli".
- HER FOOT RESTED ON THE CRESCENT MOON — She had clearly vanquished their foremost deity, the feather serpent "Quetzalcoatl".
- THE STARS STREWN ACROSS THE MANTLE — She was greater than the stars of heaven which they worshipped. She was a virgin and the Queen of the heavens for Virgo rests over her womb and the northern crown upon her head. She appeared on December 12, 1531, for the stars that she wore are the constellation of stars that appeared in the sky that day!
- THE BLUE‑GREEN HUE OF HER MANTLE — She was a Queen for she wears the color of royalty.
- THE BLACK CROSS ON THE BROOCH AT HER NECK — Her God was that of the Spanish Missionaries, Jesus Christ her son.
- THE BLACK BELT — She was with child for she wore the Aztec Maternity Belt.
- THE FOUR-PETAL FLOWER OVER THE WOMB — She was the "Mother of God." The flower was a special symbol of life, movement and deity — the center of the universe.
- HER HANDS ARE JOINED IN PRAYER — She was not God but clearly there was one greater than Her and she pointed her finger to the cross on her brooch.
- THE DESIGN ON HER ROSE-COLORED GARMENT — She is the "Queen of the Earth," for she is wearing a map of Mexico telling the Indians exactly where the apparition took place.
"...there is no scientific explanation for the 478 years of high quality-preservation of the Tilma or for the miracles that have occurred to ensure its preservation."Before concluding his address, Orozco mentioned two miracles associated with the Tilma.
In 1785, he said, a worker had accidentally spilled a 50% nitric acid solution on the right side of the Tilma.
“Besides any natural explanation the acid has not destroyed the fabric of the cloth, indeed it has not even destroyed the colored parts of the image.”In 1921, Orozco said, a bomb exploded near the Tilma and broke marble floors and windows 150 metres from the blast but:
“unexpectedly, neither the Tilma nor the normal glass that protected the Tilma was damaged or broken.” The only damage near it was a brass crucifix that was twisted by the blast.
“There are no explanations why the shockwave that broke windows 150 meters afar did not destroy the normal glass that protected the image. Some people said that the Son by means of the brass crucifix protected the image of His Mother. The real fact is that we don’t have a natural explanation for this event.”Dr. Orozco concluded his address by assuring his audience that:
“Our Lady visited Mexico 478 [?] years ago, but she remains there to give Her Love, Her Mercy and Her Care to anyone who needs it, and to bring Her Son, Jesus Christ to everyone who receives Him.”**to be continued...